How Clean Are Our Lakes, Streams, Rivers, and Beaches?
Water bodies and the habitats and open space they support can provide places for recreation and respite, contributing to quality of life in our communities. Thousands of visitors swim, wade, kayak, and fish at dozens of freshwater sites. However, certain contaminants can pose a health risk to those that recreate in and eat fish from our local streams and rivers.
Before you recreate, check the most recent water quality reports available through these resources:
Links for Recreation
Santa Clara River Watershed
- County of Ventura Parks Department
- Rancho Simi Parks and Rec. District
- City of Ventura Parks, Beaches & Facilities
- Ojai Valley Land Conservancy
- The Nature Conservancy Santa Clara River Hikes and Events
- Los Padres National Forest
- Lake Casitas Recreational Area
- Lake Piru Recreational Area
- Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area
- Channel Islands National Recreation Area